A2V specializes in power utility transmission & distribution substations.
Our personnel are very experienced in power utility transmission & distribution substations and have designed, built, and operated many outdoor and switchgear arrangements. We have the expertise a utility would need in almost any electrical engineering related work. We have worked on low voltage commercial installations, medium voltage distribution, as well as high and extra high voltage transmission substations.
A2V Partners is authorized to provide engineering services by the Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and South Dakota Boards of Professional Engineers and will be adding other states to this list as work and time allow.
Our founder, CEO & Chief Engineer is E. Matt Bedinghaus, an electrical engineer with more than 30 years of experience in the electric utility industry and is a registered professional engineer in 16 states (AR, AZ, FL, IA, IL, KS, MO, NE, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, and WY in the USA).
Matt earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Missouri-Rolla in 1984 and his MBA in Finance from Rockhurst College in Kansas City in 1990. He has served a number of utility and engineering firms, including EPS Engineering & Design, Toth & Associates, LCA Inc., and St. Joseph Light & Power Company.
TECHNICAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS & LEADERSHIP
- State President, MSPE, 2016-2017
- Ozark Chapter MSPE Program Chairman, 2002-2006.
- Member of the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) since 2002.
- Chairman of NW Chapter MSPE MATHCOUNTS Program, 1995-1998
- Chairman Mid-Central Utilities Telecommunications Council (UTC), 1994.
- President NW Chapter MSPE, 1991.
- Member of the Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE) since 1980.
- Allan Clapp NESC Seminar. Several SEL Relay Seminars & PE PDH Seminars.
- Stephen Covey’s 7-Habits, Principle Centered Leadership and First Things First training.
- Targeted Selection, Leadership & Influence, Group Leadership, Developing Organizational Talent
training by Dimension Development Incorporated (DDI).
- Competent Toastmaster (CTM) designation by St. Joseph Toastmasters.
- Electric Substation Design; Substation Integration Forum; Grounding & Shielding Electronic
Instrumentation; Protective Relaying; Power System Operations. (partial listing)
- City of Ozark MO Planning & Zoning Commissioner, since 2004. Vice-Chairman, since 2009.
- Springfield Southeast ROTARY member, since 2004. Bd Member 2008. Former member of St.
Joseph MO South Side ROTARY, Paul Harris Fellow and President-Elect, July 2001.
- Member Immaculate Conception Church, Springfield MO.
- President of Evergreen Estates Homes Association, 1996 thru 2000.
- United Way Allocations Committee Member & Professional Division solicitor, St. Joseph MO.
- Founding member of PureGold Investment Club, St. Joseph MO.
- Graduate of Leadership St. Joseph program, 1990.
- Member of Trailwinds Flying Club (1986-2001), Treasurer 1990-1998.
We are currently accepting resumes for:
- Substation Engineer
- System Planning Engineer
- Protective Relay Engineer
If you are an experienced engineer (registered or not) or are interested in broadening your experience in these departments, contact us, sending your current resume, salary requirements, and a description of why we should consider adding you to our “partnership.”
We are interested in individuals that have, or desire to develop, broad expertise in electric utility engineering and are not afraid of hard work. Our compensation plans are second to none and based on individual performance and company profitability.
About the name “A2V Partners”
A2V Partners, LLC is so named in honor of the “partnership” of André Marie Ampère, Alessandro Volta and all of the other pioneers in Electrical Engineering, before and since, that developed the math, science and technologies we utilize today at A2V Partners in the design of low, medium and high voltage power systems. We couldn’t do our work if not for the efforts of the many men and women whose knowledge, experiments, data collection, and subsequent recording of their findings, make today’s electrical engineering possible.
For that reason, we chose to give credit to their contributions by naming our company after them. Drawing from a list of early scientists and engineers whose names span the alphabet from Ampere to Volta (A to V), we acknowledge them as partners in the work we supply to you. By using their work from centuries past and combining it with the experience and education of our own engineering team, we can meet the needs of our 21st century clients.
The concept of partnership is important here. Whether it be the giants of science and industry that came before us, the professional staff here at A2V or the engineers, utility managers and municipal leaders we serve, we build this partnership concept into everything we do. We welcome the opportunity to partner with you on a future project.